1/2 tsp each of cinnamon, paprika, turmeric, salt, pepper, cumin.
1/4 tsp chilli powder.
2 tablespoons of nut oil.
- Peel and cut the squash into cubes (bitesize) – don’t forget to keep the seeds for the next crop or to swap.
- Place spices on to a plate and toast under grill until they release their aromas, professional chefs probably do this but you could just put them in a ramekin dish and microwave them for a few seconds.
- Put 2 tablespoons of nut oil into a mixing bowl and add the toasted spices.
- Toss squash cubes in the mix until coated and leave to one side while heating the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the cubes on to a roasting tray and cook in the oven for around 20 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
They should be crisp on outside and soft inside.